all 4 comments

NANI Lucy Computer Nerd

To be honest there is a high chance it will be caught & they may try and question you. Keep a clean house for now (make sure there is nothing questionable in your dorm/car/person), make sure your computer is encrypted, and learn your rights about refusing to answer questions or make statements.

Note, don't lie (which can be used against you) - just stay silent entirely.

If there is no further evidence this will get dropped.

joemccy [S]

I called DHL the day it shipped and they put in a stop request - the package still hasn’t left China. So long as it stops I should be good though, right?

NANI Lucy Computer Nerd

Actually that's a great question and I'm not really sure.

On one hand, I doubt Chinese LE are sharing much information with American LE.

On the other, by doing that, that can be used as proof that you're aware of both packages, and both belong to you. I guess it really depends where that data ends up.

You're probably fine though, I think they'd still have something better to do.

joemccy [S]

Yeah, I guess just gotta wait and see at this point. OIS is also reaching out to DHL to stop the package. They’ve been really helpful through it so far thankfully. Just hoping it either gets stopped, somehow goes through, or I get a love letter (the first time the IDs were just taken out, no love letter). It’s also not a huge group so I’m sure customs has bigger priorities. Bugging out though lowkey lmfao