all 13 comments

Budgetfakes.com OG Vendor

I have had no issues with that set up for years. Clean heads a bit , make sure they dont dry up. Print daily even if u dont have orders just to keep them clean .

carlosruiz

Budgetfakes, can you recommend another printer epson p600 or another recommendation? Also where to get the best uv ink ? Thank you

Budgetfakes.com OG Vendor

p600 is great for printing the template. if your not going to buy uv ink is bulk then uvsuff is a good site i ahve used their stuff before with no issues. Once there pick a printer they have supplies for. I still use r280's and have no problems. I have had a few new outh the box i had to throw out so always have more then one.

carlosruiz

Thank you for you respond budgetfakes So you recommend the R280 better ? Meaning more simple , I won’t be using a lot just for myself, I’m undecided which printer to buy. I will appreciate your help Thank you

TailspinTx [S]

Ahh you know my r280 is kinda old...maybe I should just get a new one!! Also, where would I get UV ink in bulk for it? I can ONLY find uvstuff.com.

And the carts from uvstuff, little plastic plug on them to let air in. In or out? They say they're only for shipping, but I get better results when they're put in for a bit, then back out etc. What's your experience with that?

Thanks for the replies guys!

darkestarke

I also have an R280 , used strictly for UV prints... and I notice I couldn't print until I removed plugs. Which to me makes sense because of convection (I think lol) , like a door being able to close easier when windows are open , LOL It prints real faint , not bright at all. When printing on PVC ...How can one achieve this without the PVC being so bright under UV light!??! Seems like this would help UV ink have more contrast, instead of it competing with the bright BLUE due to PVC material. Any help!?

TailspinTx [S]

Ya know what I did with my r280? I went full on fuck it mode. So the TX DL has nothing but 'green' UV print (no blue) so i took the ...light magenta dye i think? (Whichever one I thought prints the UV green) and just poured that shit into each cart, so all the carts have baically the same ink now (little mix and match here n there)

No joke, its the brightest best green UV i've ever seen. I R Brilliant.

I got a bottle of the yellow color uv ink from uvstuff and just squirt it into the carts (not thru the vent plug hole but the one up front that actually goes to the ink) and omg, its beautiful.

And y'all thought peanut butter and a microwave was bad.

darkestarke

No s***? So I also bought ink carts from them recently and for some reason things print really really dim as well so I'll have to try that! When you say you bought UV ink you bought a standalone bottle for refilling, correct?? And said colors?

TailspinTx [S]

Yep, at first i noticed that I was out of ...two of the colors, i dunno if they drained out or what. I wish i remember what color is was, but basically i remember taking the bigger plugs out (so both plugs were out) and just putting one full cart on top of the other and shaking the ink into the empty cart. A bunch leaked out but enough got in and shit man, it printed BEAUTIFULLY....nice thing about UV theres really only one or two colors when you shine the light on it so I guess the 6 different 'color' carts don't mean much.

But yea i ordered a single yellow refil bottle (it glows green under UV) and squirt that in, its wrong, but it works great.

I've also noticed to jack up the contrast, knock down the brightness, jack up the levels, etc. make the lines you wanna print as dark and bold as possible in photoshop compared to the white background. That's GENERALLY worked best for me (there's another setting in there thats more important I forget, but when i get back up and running i'll make sure and let you know), and give it a little time after you take the plugs out/back in, shake the carts a little..i dunno do a little dance with one foot in the air while facing West Idfk lol. FYI - I noticed it would take a little bit of time and activity after taking the air plugs out for the air to get the ink bright.

I've ordered a 10W 365nm UV light for curing, gonna see if that helps at all.

darkestarke

Good shit! Yea let us know how it all works out! What do you do about bright ass PVC under UV light. Bright Blue makes it hard to see intended UV lines/design ???? Does that makes sense?
Like PVC is hyper white so it's too bright under UV lighting.

SusanBones

At the same time, professionals should be involved in the development of quality design

SusanBones

For example, if we consider the design of the logo, it is a kind of business card. But it usually takes a lot of time and effort to develop a logo. There is a great alternative to https://masterbundles.com/graphics/logos/minimal-logo-design/ Here you can learn more and purchase logo design packages, kits and even premium designs to make it unique to your brand.