all 4 comments

NANI Lucy Computer Nerd

It looks like its just taking a single regular visible light color scan of the front of the ID in which case you just need an ID with a good enough template. (shameless self plug for our ID)

It'll check your microtext but not your holograms or any of the other security features. Basically the way it works is it'll take your ID and compare colors on it to a database of real IDs and see if the hue values match in a certain range.

It looks like it's just another Acuant AssureID rebrand. Basically a lot of companies will take the same scanning software and rebrand it but they'll add different hardware on it, which can range anywhere from the basic color scanner like what Patronscan is using, to something like this: http://www.e-seek.com/images/M500_web.jpg aka the box scanner (which takes 6 scans, including an IR light scan which is what would probably fail most fakes here), and that's what determines whether your fake could pass. It's nothing new.

If I am correct with my assumption though, our ID will definitely pass since we've tested it just template wise with that software before.

Also jesus fucking christ, this shit starts at over $10k just for the first year, just for 1.

gangel14 [S]

LMAO, thanks for that price quote...i always wondered how much it did cost. And thanks for the info. I guess the only real way is to find out. Luckily i have a buddy in the industry to maybe check it for me.

Owere1776

Ok, but then why spring for that and not just buy a box scanner? I dont get why you would besides their "fancy" facial recognition banning feature...

NANI Lucy Computer Nerd

They come with all the extra bells and whistles as well as technical support. This one comes with the whole patron tracking, blacklisting, guest list etc features and 24/7 phone support.

AssureID itself isn't really designed to be used by a bouncer directly, it's the underlying "scanner engine" and it'll tell you whether it thinks the ID is real/fake and the info off of it. Its marketed just towards the software dev companies that write the wrappers on top of it that come with all the 'extras'.